Is Forex Correlation Trading Correct or Not?
Understanding and knowing forex symbols correlation will help us to improve our analysis accurately but sometime I see that forex traders try to earn a profit by hedge the market by buy or sell symbols according to their movement relation.
For example, they buy GBPUSD and Sell EURUSD or sometimes they Buy USDCHF and buy EURUSD they believe that because GBPUSD and EURUSD have same direction most time we can hedge these currencies and wait till our resultant become positive but what will happen when you buy EURUSD and buy USDCHF?
Or what will happen when we sell gold on forex market how we can sell something that we did not buy it yet!?
You must know that we don’t sell or buy anything directly in fact, the broker will do it for us and we send our order to our dealer.When we deposit an amount for example 1000$ to our forex account now broker will accept our orders and this is our guarantee for the forex broker.When you send order to a broker to sell Euro the broker will sell his own EUR for you and receive the commission or spread. For broker it’s not important that EUR will go up or down when you close your sell position the broker will buy the soled EUR again if EUR value increased the broker will receive his lose from your deposit and if EUR value decreased the broker will increase your deposit because the broker profit is spread only even you lose or win they will get their spread.
Now you can understand when you sell EURCHF what will happen.
The broker will sell EUR according to your order when you ask the broker to close your order the broker will not sell EURO to buy gold or GBP or USD the broker will buy CHF because at the first time you mention that I want change it to CHF later.
Now we understand the behind forex market and know what happen when we send our order to broker but you should know that many forex broker don’t buy or sell our request in real market! Anyhow, this is not our subject now
Forex correlation trader tries to buy or sell most same direct movement symbol or most opposite movement symbols .
Here I want to show you that is it good strategy or not
For instance, look at prices:
EURUSD and USDCHF are famous forex symbols in correlation strategy many traders buy both of them or sometimes they sell both of them because USDCHF and EURCHF has opposite movement direction.
The first problem is pip value on EURUSD is 10$ but on USDCHF is 9.7$
it means If EURUSD go down 10 pips and USDCHF go up 10 pips because pip value is different I am in 97$ profit with my USDCHF and -100$ with my EURUSD order then my total profit will be negative.
The second problem is when we are talking about USDCHF and EURUSD correlation we are talking about market direction not pip movement!
in other hand when EURUSD go up 100 pips and USDCHF fall down 50 pips we will say these symbols have opposite correlation but market movements in pips are not equal.
The third problem!
When I buy EURUSD and USDCHF at same time one lot EURUSD equal to 112930$ and one lot USDCHF equal to 100000$.
well it means that I paid 12930$ more in my first positon compare with my second position.
We buy 100,000 EUR and will convert it to USD
buy 100,000$ and will convert it to CHF
Look carefully please
what is EURCHF price? The EURCHF price is 1.0963 do you know how it will calculate?
It’s simple! EURUSD price * USDCHF price = EURCHF price
We pay 112930$ for 100,000 EUR then we should convert EUR to USD when we close our position.
We pay 100,000$ to buy USD and sell CHF when we want close it we should buy CHF and sell USD
What will happen when we buy EURCHF?
We pay 112930$ to buy EUR and then we will sell EURO to buy CHF again then again CHF will convert to USD and it will add to our balance.Then what do you think about this strategy?! When we buy EURUSD and buy USDCHF in fact we bought EUR/CHF.
When buy GBPUSD it means we bought 100,000 GBP and we will sell them to USD.When Sell EURUSD it means we Sold 100,000 EUR and we will buy them to USD.
Now when we sell EURGBP!
It means we sold EUR and we will buy GBP it’s just look like GBPUSD buy and EURUSD Sell at the same time!
ads securities no deposit bonus, binary options demo account, binary options trader, forex bonus without deposit, Forex Broker, forex broker bonus, Forex Correlation, Forex Education, Forex Education Books, forex learn, forex learning, forex learning pdf, forex no deposit bonus, forex no deposit bonus 2016, forex tutorials for beginners pdf, hot forex no deposit bonus, how to trade forex for beginners pdf, learning forex trading pdf, no deposit bonus forex, no deposit bonus forex august 2016, no deposit sign up bonus
LEAVE A COMMENT
- Candlesticks For Support And Resistance
- Online Trading Courses
- Commodity Futures Trading for Beginners
- Hidden Divergence
- Peaks and Troughs
- Reverse Divergences And Momentum
- The NYSE Tick Index And Candlesticks
- Trend Determination
- The Original Turtle Trading Rules
- Introduction to Forex
- The Six Forces of Forex
- Study Book for Successful Foreign Exchange Dealing
- Forex. On-Line Manual for Successful Trading
- 18 Trading Champions Share Their Keys to Top Trading Profits
- The Way to Trade Forex
- The Truth About Fibonacci Trading
- Quick Guide to Forex Trading
- Chart Patterns and Technical Indicators
- Forex Trading
- Trading Forex: What Investors Need to Know
- My Dog Ate My Forex
- Point & Figure for Forex
Forex Market in General
- Screen Information, Trader Activity, and Bid-Ask Spreads in a Limit Order Market
- Strategic experimentation in a dealership market
- Limit Orders, Depth, and Volatility
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
- Market Profile Basics
- Quote Setting and Price Formation in an Order Driven Market
- Phantom of the Pits
- An Introduction to Market Profile and a Users Guide to Capital Flow Software
- The Effect of Tick Size on Volatility, Trader Behavior, and Market Quality
- Trading as a Business
- What Moves the Currency Market?
- Macroeconomic Implications of the Beliefs and Behavior of Foreign Exchange Traders
- All About the Foreign Exchange Market in the United States
Psychology of Trading
- A Course in Miracles
- Thoughts on Trading
- Calming The Mind So That Body Can Perform
- Lifestyles of the Rich and Pipped
- The Miracle of Discipline
- Zoom in on Personal Trading Behavior And Profit from It
- The Woodchuck and the Possum
- 25 Rules Of Forex Trading Discipline
- Stop Losses Are For Sissies
- Your Personality and Successful Trading
- Trading as a Business
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Forex (and How to Avoid Them)
- The 5 Steps to Becoming a Trader
- Risk Control and Money Management
- Money Management
- Position-sizing Effects on Trader Performance: An experimental analysis
- Fine-Tuning Your Money Management System
- Money Management: Controlling Risk and Capturing Profits
- Money Management Strategies for Serious Traders
- The Truth About Money Management
- Money Management and Risk Management
- 1-2-3 System
- Bollinger Bandit Trading Strategy
- Value Area
- The Dynamic Breakout II Strategy
- Ghost Trader Trading Strategy
- King Keltner Trading Strategy
- Scalp Trading Methods
- LSS - An Introduction to the 3-Day Cycle Method
- Market Turns And Continuation Moves With The Tick Index
- The Money Manager Trading Strategy
- Picking Tops And Bottoms With The Tick Index
- The Super Combo Day Trading Strategy
- The Eleven Elliott Wave Patterns
- The Thermostat Trading Strategy
- Intraday trading with the TICK
- Traders Trick Entry
- Fibonacci Trader Journal
- Rapid Forex
- Microtrading the 1 Minute Chart
- BunnyGirl Forex Trading Strategy Rules and FAQ
- The Daily Fozzy Method
- Forex Traders Cheat Sheet
- Offset Trading
- How to Trade Both Trend and Range Markets by Single Strategy?
- A Practical Guide to Technical Indicators; Moving Averages
- FX Wizard
- FX Destroyer
- A Practical Guide to Swing Trading
- Practical Fibonacci Methods for Forex Trading
- Using The Heikin-Ashi Technique
- The Day Trade Forex System
- Not So Squeezy Trading Manual
- KobasFX Strategy
- Killer Patterns
- 3D Trading
- 4 Hour MACD Forex Strategy
- WRB Analysis Tutorial
Advanced Forex Trading
- A New Interpretation of Information Rate
- CCI Manual
- Nicktrader and Jeff Explaining Reverse and Regular Divers
- NickTrader on No Price CCI Divergence Trading
- Are Supply and Demand Driving Stock Prices?
- The Sharpe Ratio
- The Interaction Between the Frequency of Market Quotes, Spread and Volatility in Forex
- Trend Determination
- Trend vs. No Trend
- A Six-Part Study Guide to Market Profile
- How George Soros Knows What He Knows
- Core Point and Figure Chart Patterns
- Coders Guru Full Course
- Point and Figure Charting: a Computational Methodology and Trading Rule Performance in the S&P 500 Futures Market
- Evolving Chart Pattern Sensitive Neural Network Based Forex Trading Agents
- Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and Economic Analogues of Basic Physical Quantities
- The String Prediction Models as an Invariants of Time Series in Forex Market
- Using Recurrent Neural Networks to Forecasting of Forex
- The New Elliott Wave Rule - Achieve Definitive Wave Counts